New writing by Bernhard Köhl discovered

In 1666, Bernhard, with the authorization of the lords of the city of Chur, wanted to build a copper hammer (coppersmith's shop) in Major Tschudi's orchard. This was probably located on Kupfergasse, just below the farm. The priests feared that the noise would disturb their peace and raised objections. Thus, on April 8, 1666, he wrote to the canons and promised that if the hammer mill (hammer on the water) disturbed them, they would shut it down during church services or even remove it.

More details

Impressum und rechtliche Hinweise